Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Years Eve Outfit - Mixing Textures






Happy New Year's Eve!!! New Year's has never been a big event in my family - we typically keep things pretty casual and head over to a family friend's house and then watch the ball drop together at home. This year, Spencer, my sister, cousin, and I decided to make reservations for dinner at a nice restaurant. Nothing too crazy, but a nice chance to catch up and enjoy the last few hours of 2013 with family.

I wanted to wear an outfit that wasn't too fancy, but still looked festive with a healthy dose of sparkle. I love some of the outfits I've been seeing showcasing a gold sequin skirt, but I don't own one! When looking through my closet, I spotted my copper sequin dress that I'd gotten at Marshalls last year for a steal ($20!) and realized that I could wear it as a skirt! I paired it with a chunky knit cream sweater and my new fur scarf. The sweater keeps it from being too overdone, while the sequins and pumps make it New Year's Eve worthy.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening and the happiest of New Years!

3 comments:

  1. that dress -> skirt is so pretty! i have always had a soft spot for gold sequins. looks good with the fur scarf too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and I'm totally with you on the gold sequins :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! I had to include it in my holiday style post :-)

    ReplyDelete