Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Pop of Pink





















Good morning! Today I'm sharing my Valentine's day outfit. Lately, any time I dress up I reflexively reach for my go-to red lipstick - Ruby Woo by MAC. It's classic and immediately elevates any look. While I'm a still a devout believer in the power of a good red lip, I wanted to change things up this Valentine's Day. Instead of classic red, I opted for a black dress and added pops of pink. I've had the Essie nail polish since summer and I although I rarely get the chance to wear the clutch I absolutely adore it. The lipstick was the only thing I bought specifically for this occasion. It's another shade by MAC and it's part of their Mineralize collection. Its so much creamier than the Ruby Woo, which I love. I never thought I'd be a pink lip girl for some reason, but I'm completely sold on this shade. My dress was a $10 clearance rack find from Marshalls so while I can't link the exact piece, I've found a really similar one for a good price. I also couldn't find my Kate Spade clutch anywhere, but I got it off eBay about a year ago.
In other news, lets all take a moment to laugh at the fact that 1) our apartment building is still all decorated for Christmas and 2) that I actually commented to Spencer on how warm it was while taking these pictures ( mid-twenties has become quite the heat wave around here). Oh and don't worry about my lack of coat-wearing, I bundled up before heading out to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment