Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Fall Weekend in the ADKs


fourth lake in the early morning

enjoying the view from coney mountain

coney mountain

trail up to blue mountain

incredible view from blue mountain

kayaking on the moose river

sunset over nick's lake

nick's lake

nick's lake

Checking back in after a LONG 10 weeks on my internal medicine clerkship to share some pics from this past weekend in the ADKs. I grew up visiting the mountains every summer, but somehow missed out on fall and all its gorgeous colors until now. We were lucky enough to get a warm, sunny weekend while the leaves were at their peak color. We spent our time hiking, kayaking, and having conversations that lasted longer than 10 minutes. It was glorious and so very much appreciated. It doesn't seem possible that the three-day weekend is over and I'm starting a whole new clerkship. My orientation for Neurology was today and I met the first team I'll be working on. I start the clerkship off working in the hospital on the stroke team so I'll be studying up on the brain tonight and trying to fill in any gaps before I get my own patients. I've been missing blogging and I'm hoping that this clerkship gives me a little bit more free time to share some posts. For now, I'll just appreciate the fact that I'm actually getting some time to write this!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! It seems like there is endless beauty up there in the northeast from all you weekend trip posts!

    -Melissa / thetwobecomeone.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There really are so many gorgeous places to visit. Finding time to see them all during med school is the challenging part!

      Delete