Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014, You've Been Great


Another year is coming to a quiet close. New Year's has never been a crazy, extravagant affair for us. I think with all the anticipation and excitement for Christmas, New Year's has always lived in it's shadow. Our celebration is usually low key, and this year will be no different. Ice skating and a movie night with family are on the agenda for our evening ringing in the New Year.

One of my favorite things to do on New Year's Eve, is remember all the beautiful memories of the previous year and think ahead to all the wonderful things the next year holds. This past year, we've made so many memories and have so much to celebrate. Spencer and I are no longer newlyweds, and it's beautiful to look back on a full year spent as a wife. We no refer to "your house" or "my house", but call our apartment "our home" and refer to our childhood houses as "our parent's houses". Home is no longer a specific place, but wherever we're together. And that will change in the next few years as I begin residency and probably again when I graduate from residency.

 We've traveled together more times than I would have ever imagined we would be able to while in graduate school. We've sailed on the Atlantic Ocean on our trip to Charleston, hiked another High Peak in the Adirondacks, walked through Toronto while the leaves were bright with color, and spent a quiet morning at a waterfall in the Smokey Mountains. The majority of the our time though, has been spent working hard. Medical school and PT school have kept us busy. As much as I love the down time around the holidays, I'm so thankful to be challenged every single day.

Looking back on 2014, I can truly say that I savored the little moments that life offered. I took advantage of the opportunities to find joy in simple things and truly enjoyed myself in the midst of this fast-paced, demanding year. I'm so grateful for the memories from 2014 and excited for the adventures ahead in 2015.

Have a wonderful New Year's celebration!

1 comment: