Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!



I'm taking advantage of a quiet afternoon by myself to do some planning. The holidays have been wonderful - family, friends, time to relax and breath. Now that 2015 is finally here, it's time to fine-tune my focus. Being in school still, my life is broken up into lots of little chunks. Chunks of time dedicated to preparing for each exam, chunks of time dedicated to particular subjects, chunks of time spent in lectures, and soon, chunks of time spent on rotations. It can be hard to shift focus so frequently, but at least I don't have time to get bored! 

During the next four months my focus will be on my first board exam which has officially been scheduled for May 6th (cue mini freak-out session). It's not the most glamorous part of training to be a doctor, but its all part of what I've been working for this past year and a half. So today I'm doing some looking ahead and planning out my course. And yes, thats typically my sequence of reactions when thinking about the boards - panic, followed by an overwhelming urge to form a plan of attack, which inevitably will repeat itself. Apparently that's normal, which makes me feel only a little bit better.

 I'm glad I've been able to keep today low-key since tomorrow morning we'll be leaving for Vermont to enjoy a short road trip before classes start back up. I'm so freaking excited to be back on the road, checking out someplace new. Med school can't stop this girl from enjoying a wintertime getaway! I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to 2015! 

No comments:

Post a Comment