Waking up to another rainy day so this outfit from last weekend fits right in. I started my OB GYN clerkship on Monday and today I have my first official day of working with patients. I'm so excited for the next few weeks. I'll be delivering babies and come on, it doesn't get much cooler than that! Since I'm not in the hospital tomorrow, but at an outpatient clinic nearby, I won't be seeing any deliveries on my first day, but I'll be with a doctor who specializes in high-risk pregnancies so it should be a really interesting day. OB is a much larger time commitment than Family Medicine, but I'm looking forward to working in the hospital environment, getting the hang of rounding on patients and being part of a larger healthcare team.
One of the coolest things about this year is that every experience I have is leading me closer to my future career. OB GYN is a great mix of medicine and surgery so regardless of whether I end up choosing to go into the field, it'll be a great way to learn valuable skills. And who knows, I might end up loving it!


love those hunters!
ReplyDeletehttp://hashtagliz.com