french toast bake recipe via lil luna
Waking up late on a Saturday is something I haven't done in a long time. Last night, before heading out for a night of dancing with friends, I put together a breakfast casserole recipe and left it in the fridge overnight. This morning we popped it in the oven to bake and had a delicious brunch. Actually getting to sit down for breakfast is a pretty rare event for us. I'm usually lucky if I can finish my bagel before getting into the car to head to the hospital. Most days I end up eating it on my morning commute, so today's sit-down meal felt ultra-fancy.
My Neurology clerkship is over after a what feels like five weeks on fast-forward. I really enjoyed my time on that service and will post an update on Monday, but until then I'll be enjoying a lazy weekend without studying before starting my Psychiatry clerkship on Monday. Have a wonderful weekend!!
This looks delicious! I have to check out that recipe. I use a modified recipe from Paula Dean though I don't measure anything so it always comes out slightly different, but just as good. The only thing better than the taste is the smell of the cinnamon sugar filling the place.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! I'd never really made a breakfast casserole before so I had no idea what I've been missing out on! We're planning on making it again for Christmas brunch - it's that good!
Delete