Christmas season is here and it's time to break out all the coats, sweaters, boots, and anything plaid I can get my hands on! This November has been unusually warm and snow-less. I almost don't want to utter those words for fear I'll jinx it! As much as I love a fresh snowfall, the perks of the warmer weather have been quicker commutes, a larger wardrobe, and an overall easier time dragging myself out of bed in the morning.
This weekend has been gloriously spent doing everything but studying. We spent Thanksgiving with both of our families and it was SO nice. I made a pumpkin pie and mac and cheese (very traditional dish, I know) before we left our apartment. Then we ate dinner with Spencer's family and headed over to my parents house to sample all the delicious desserts :) Later that night we stayed up late doing some online shopping which I much prefer to the Black Friday insanity. The next morning, I started a wreath-making project I've been planning with my mom. She's a guru at making wreaths and while I was slowly (read painfully slowly) putting my simple little wreaths together, she whipped up a couple of big, beautiful wreaths, bursting with tons of color. I'm obviously still wreath-maker in training, but I'm happy with how they turned out. I'll be doing a post on a couple easy DIY Christmas decoration projects I've done over the past couple of years so keep an eye out for that! In the meantime, we're headed out to spend some more time with family tonight. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
This outfit is all older pieces that are no longer available. Sadly the scarf I'm wearing must have sold out at H&M very quickly and the most closely colored one I can find is the one below from Target!


I love that scarf! It's got such a nice hue to the pink and cream colors. Your matching skills are impeccable here :)
ReplyDeleteRoxi - www.goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com