Monday, February 24, 2014

Rich in Love

Holding hands.
1
The more time goes by, the more I realize how incredibly blessed I am. I'm never wanting for anything, and I've always known what it means to have a loving family. Ever since I was old enough to realize that others don't always share these same blessings, I knew that in whatever I did with my future I want to serve the people around me. It could be simple things like encouraging someone or baking an extra tasty treat as a surprise. And sometimes I know that its things that will push me out of my comfort zone.

One of the things that I've always believed would be a part of my future is adoption. It's something that won't be happening for quite a while. But I truly believe that one day, once my crazy medical school journey (along with all the loads of debt that come with it) is finished, we'll be ready to share the blessings and opportunities we've been given. In the meantime, I can't help but get excited every time I hear about someone who is stepping out and opening their home and their hearts to a child that doesn't have a family of their own.

Yesterday, we heard the story of a family at our church who is in the process of adopting a teenage boy from Eastern Europe. They're not a family with lots of money, but they have the sweetest, most giving hearts. They're still trying to raise the final $9000 to make the adoption a reality. Read about their story here. Be sure to check out their "Sponsor a puzzle piece" link - such a great way to help in a small, but significant way.

Not quite a Medical Monday post, but more like a reminder that there is so much more to life than just fashion and medicine! Happy Monday and here's to keeping things in perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment