Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Brunch

toasted sesame shrimp salad with strawberrys and mozzarella

sliced strawberrys with brie and french bread

Mother's Day has is always a challenge for those of us in school. During my undergraduate years I lived too far away to celebrate with my mom in person so we resorted to phone calls. This year, I'm fortunate enough to live close enough to my mom to have spent a few hours with her before settling in to a long day of studying. With finals looming in the distance, our celebration was short, but sweet. My mom had picked up a few things at the grocery store and requested a quick shrimp salad. After a little bit of slicing I'd whipped up a simple, but tasty brunch. Since I always seem to have an exam looming, I've had to get creative with ways to celebrate special days like birthdays and holidays. Whenever I'm pressed for time I like to focus on creating a beautiful presentation rather than cooking up an elaborate meal. My mom's always understanding when I have an exam coming up, but its nice to be able to show her in even a small way how much she means to me. Love you Mom and Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. this looks delicious! btw what kind of dressing did you use, if any, and are those cannelini beans in the center (the tan)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty yummy! I drizzled a raspberry vinaigrette on it, but the shrimp was marinated in a toasted sesame sauce, which I loved and on second thought should have used as a dressing instead of the vinaigrette. That's actually a mushroom in the center!

    ReplyDelete