photo credit: Nicholas Comardo Photography
The beginning of a New Year is seriously such an exciting time. I'm always inspired by everyone's motivation to make positive changes in their life. Although I've never really been one to make lots of New Year resolutions, I'm all about making goals for both the short-term and the long-term future. I write all my goals down in a place that I'll look at frequently so that I remember to focus on the things that truly matter to me.
One thing I see so many people do is make goals that are impossibly rigid. As soon as they step beyond the confines of their resolution, they see it as failure. I absolutely LOVE the idea of big goals, I truly do. Some of my goals seem crazy and impossibly beyond the scope of what I'm capable of now. But what I find keeps me committed to working towards a goal, is flexibility. Goals that are flexible and as fluid as the busy, constantly changing life you lead will be the most successful. Nobody wants to be crushed under the weight of a goal that's completely unrealistic for one's life. I find that I'm CONSTANTLY making adjustments to my goals based on continuous evaluation of what's working and what's not. And you know what? Its such a freeing experience to be constantly challenged by your goals, but not beaten down by them.
And on that note, have a happy Monday!

No comments:
Post a Comment