Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The City of Bridges



Well, I'm finally done with my 6th unit in medical school. It's hard to believe, but only one more unit stands between me and second year! This week is my spring break, and Spencer and I kicked it off with a trip down to Pittsburgh to visit my sister. Pittsburgh is one of my absolute favorite cities. It's slowly but surely beginning to shake its reputation of being a purely industrial city and starting to get more credit for its beauty and unique attractions. There's so much culture and tons of interesting things to do. Going to school in the area, I've been able to visit multiple times. The many bridges that loom along the skyline and overhead add so much character. My sister's roommate pointed out that the only city with more bridges than Pittsburgh is Venice which is pretty incredible.





 On our trip we visited the Strip District, an area with tons of little shops and open air markets. We stopped at a spice market, where I picked up some sweet curry, a pottery shop, and the most delicious little diner called Pamela's. If you're ever in the area you have to stop in and order some of their famous hotcakes. I got the strawberry hotcakes with brown sugar and whipped cream and it was a little bit of heaven for my taste buds - seriously good stuff. The rest of the day was spent shopping around and ended with a trip to the Burgatory which has become one of our favorite burger and shake stops. I'm not a fan of burgers (I know, I'm ashamed) but I love their crab burger. If we're being honest though, I go for the shakes. With flavors like salted Nutella crunch and Espresso love (spiked with Patron) its an addiction you just can't get over. I hope you enjoy the few pictures I snapped of the trip and can't wait to share a new outfit post!

No comments:

Post a Comment