It's hard to believe that last year around this time, I was getting ready for my white coat ceremony. If you're anything like me, it can be a challenge deciding what to wear to special events. For example, I swear I looked at about twenty stores before finding a pair of shoes to wear for my medical school interview - a sad but true confession. When it came time to find something to wear to my white coat ceremony, I had to do some research to figure out what was typically worn. While there aren't any specific rules as to dress code, it is a professional event. If you want to make a good first impression, stay away from low necklines and short hemlines. Your classmates are not only your future friends, but also your future colleagues. How you dress does impact the amount of respect you get from those around you. Also remember that most of your pictures will be taken wearing your white coat, so wear something eye-catching. Have fun with rich, vivid colors, interesting patterns, and different types of fabric. I've pulled together some dresses that I think would be perfect for a White Coat Ceremony. Skirts and dress pants would be fine as well, I just tend to prefer dresses for more formal events. Hope this gives you some inspiration to kick start your search!
Don't forget you can wear pants too! I wore maroon ankle pants, a black blouse, and black wedges, and felt super comfortable :) I do plan on wearing a dress for graduation in 3 years though - never too early to have something to look forward to haha
ReplyDeleteSo true!! Hahaha when we finally make it through med school and graduate we'll deserve to splurge on some pretty awesome graduation dresses!
DeleteI love your blog title, that's actually the same of my schools chapter of the American Association of Women Dentists (AAWD)
ReplyDeleteJasmine @ makingrestorations.blogspot.com
Thanks Jasmine! Hahaha and here I was thinking I was completely original!
DeleteThis place is mind blowing. I don't know what else there is to say about this place. Though I am not sure if the food provided was catered from an outside vendor, but it too was spectacular.
ReplyDeleteLos Angeles Wedding venues