This about sums up where Spencer and I are at in life right now. We're looking forward to the stability our careers will give us in the future, but right now we're still learning. We're learning how to care for people and how to care for each other. We're learning how to live life wisely and how to live life fully. We're learning how to balance our adult responsibilities with our twenty-something adventures. Right now is an incredible time to live because somehow, when the bank account is smallest, the memories are biggest. I'm thankful that God's given us talents and abilities that allow us to achieve meaningful goals and have lasting impacts on people's lives, but today I'm really thankful for the years we have while we're still so young. We've chosen our careers, but the future is still so big and bright and unknown. There's so much living to be done - so many places to see, people to meet, memories to be made. There's nothing like the feeling that you're best years are still ahead of you and you have yet to reach your full potential. These next few years of finishing up our degrees, exploring new places together, and building the foundation of our life together, are so very exciting. I'm looking forward to all the wonderful things that 26, 49, 52, 64, and 86 will bring, but now is special in a wonderful sort of way that makes me feel more like a child than an adult. And I don't ever want that childlike excitement to disappear.
Happy Wednesday!

this is such a sweet reflection piece :-) I can only hope to do the same. have a great week!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ele! Thinking of you and praying for peace during these first few weeks of medical school.
DeleteWow! So proud!! I can almost feel what you're feeling, just by reading this entry♡♡♡
ReplyDelete